St Michael's Church
A Friendly and Welcoming Fellowship in the Heart of the Community
Flordon has a great sense of community spirit with events throughout the year to bring everyone together.
We have a small regular congregation, who work hard to make all visitors feel welcome. Those who come to our church usually comment on the warm and friendly atmosphere. In 2013 the nave was adapted for use as a Community Centre. The pews were removed and toilet and kitchen facilities were added.
We have three services each month:
- There is no service on the first Sunday of the month - but we encourage people to go to one of the other services in the benefice:
- 8am communion service at Mulbarton
- 9am Morning Prayer service at Bracon Ash
- 10am Cafe Church at Mulbarton Village Hall
- On the second Sunday, we have what we call "Morning Light" - a lovely simple modern language service, with hymns, and refreshments following
- On the third Sunday, we have Evensong, a traditional service using the Book of Common Prayer. This takes place at 6:30pm from April to October and at 3:30pm from November to March.
- On the fourth Sunday in the month we have a spoken service of Holy Communion, using the Book of Common Prayer. This is at 8:30am.
We are especially pleased to see the fabulous building being used for so many innovative community activities, and are very pleased to be able to serve Flordon village by offering such a well-equipped and attractive facility, including plenteous parking, toilet, kitchen serving area and disabled access.
6 days to go
Coming Up Next...
Hethel Churchyard Mow and Drag Off
Sun, 26 Sep, 2021, 2pm @ Hethel Church
The annual churchyard mow and drag-off starts soon.
It is an annual tea-and-cake-fuelled ritual that has enabled the wildflower churchyard to flourish over the past thirty years
Sundays 12, 19 and 26 September this year from about 2pm, finishing around 5pm, with refreshments served around 3:30pm.
Wymondham Nature Group lead us and provide a lot of person-power but it's important that we who benefit do our bit as well so if you can spare an afternoon, do please come. Rakes and pitchforks provided, just bring yourself, a sense of humour and a bit of energy – it doesn't have to be much.
Contact Peter for more details - 01508 570557
Coming Up Soon...
Harvest Festival with Lunch (2 weeks to go)
More events for St Michael's Church »
More events across the villages »
Sponsored bike ride 2021
Posted: Sun, 19 Sep, 2021 (16 hours ago) by Adrian
Thanks to Gavin, John, Tom and Ryan, who cycled round various churches in Norfolk last week. They covered a lot of ground between them and raised a few hundred pounds to share between our parish church and Norfolk Churches Trust.
Thanks as well to everyone who helped make our four parish church buildings welcoming places for those doing the rounds.
Great effort all round!
More Recent News & Features
Sunday Worship - 12 September 2021: Package Deal (1 week ago)
Sunday Worship - 5 Sep 2021 - Aurora Christening (2 weeks ago)
Sunday Worship - 29 August 2021: Inside, outside (2 weeks ago)
Sunday Worship - 22 August 2021: Are you confused? (4 weeks ago)
More news & features for St Michael's Church »
More news & features across the villages »
Click on the link to find a map of the area on Google maps. (Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites).
Click here to open map in new window »