St Mary Magdalen
A welcoming parish church at the heart of the community
- To have a deep hunger for the Lord, a passion to walk daily in fellowship with and love of God, to know his constant forgiveness and healing, his power, his holiness and so much more of God's character and then to respond to him with whole-hearted worship, service and obedience.
- To serve our fellow church members in practical ways and to encourage them in their Christian walk.
- To be a secure place for people to rest in God's love, to grow in Christian maturity and in the gifts and fruit of the Spirit.
- To reach into the community with the Gospel of Christ and in acts of service with the hope that they will be drawn into a living relationship with the risen Jesus, for his is the only name by which our neighbours, colleagues and friends may find peace with God.
- To be a place for renewal and revival in this parish and the locality.
- To be fully obedient disciples of Christ.
- To hold fully to the authority of the Bible and to embrace the presence and work of the Holy Spirit. We seek to be a church motivated by both the Word of God and the prompting of God's Spirit.
- To take seriously our citizenship of this world (Romans chapter 13), and encourage fair trade and justice as encouraged by the Old Testament prophets (e.g. Micah 6 v.8).
- ...The leading and anointing of the Holy Spirit in all we undertake for him. To this end we long to become a prophetic church which is ever listening to the voice of God through Scripture, prayer and worship.
Charity Number: 1156897
18 hours to go
Coming Up Next...
Sun, 3 Dec, 2023, 4pm @ Flordon Church
Loved by children and adults alike, join us for this candle-lit celebration sponsored by the Children's Society.
Each element of a Christingle has a special meaning and helps to tell the Christian story: The orange represents the world. The red ribbon (or tape) symbolises the love and blood of Christ. The sweets and dried fruit represent all of God’s creations. The lit candle represents Jesus’s light in the world, bringing hope to people living in darkness.
Everything provided. All welcome.
Contact Adrian for more details - 01508 571167
Coming Up Soon...
Community Hub (2 days to go)
Pre-school Christmas Dress-Up (2 days to go)
Teapot Tuesday (3 days to go)
Morning Prayer & Coffee (4 days to go)
More events for St Mary Magdalen »
More events across the villages »
Sunday 3 Dec 2023
Posted: Sat, 2 Dec, 2023 (6 hours ago) by Adrian
We welcome baby Noah into fellowship as we think about living in the light of eternity.
Join us in person or online on our live YouTube stream, available here on Sunday morning.
More Recent News & Features
Sunday 19 November 2023 (2 weeks ago)
Remembrance Sunday (3 weeks ago)
Sunday 29 October 2023 (1 month ago)
Sunday 15 October 2023 (2 months ago)
More news & features for St Mary Magdalen »
More news & features across the villages »
The Church is situated close the B1113, next to the ancient duck pond at the north east end of the Common.
Click on the link to find a map of the area on Google maps. (Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites).
Click here to open map in new window »