St Michael's Church
A Friendly and Welcoming Fellowship in the Heart of the Community
Flordon has a great sense of community spirit with events throughout the year to bring everyone together.
We have a small regular congregation, who work hard to make all visitors feel welcome. Those who come to our church usually comment on the warm and friendly atmosphere. In 2013 the nave was adapted for use as a Community Centre. The pews were removed and toilet and kitchen facilities were added.
We have three services each month:
- There is no service on the first Sunday of the month - but we encourage people to go to one of the other services in the benefice:
- 8am communion service at Mulbarton
- 9am Morning Prayer service at Bracon Ash
- 10am Cafe Church at Mulbarton Village Hall
- On the second Sunday, we have what we call "Morning Light" - a lovely simple modern language service, with hymns, and refreshments following
- On the third Sunday, we have Evensong, a traditional service using the Book of Common Prayer. This takes place at 6:30pm from April to October and at 3:30pm from November to March.
- On the fourth Sunday in the month we have a spoken service of Holy Communion, using the Book of Common Prayer. This is at 8:30am.
We are especially pleased to see the fabulous building being used for so many innovative community activities, and are very pleased to be able to serve Flordon village by offering such a well-equipped and attractive facility, including plenteous parking, toilet, kitchen serving area and disabled access.
1 week to go
Coming Up Next...
Quiet Time with God
Wed, 5 Feb, 2020, 7:30pm @ Hethel Church
Within the activity of our days and the restlessness of our world, we can get our bearings by listening to God's gentle call: "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him". Psalm 37.7.
Come and do just that at Quiet Time with God at Hethel Church from 7.30 pm to 8.15 pm, every other Wednesday.
An opportunity for stillness, reflection on a Bible passage and silent prayer with others.
Dates for the rest of this term: 5 and 19 February; 4 and 18 March 2020.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Contact Cathy for more details -
Coming Up Soon...
Quiet Time with God (3 weeks to go)
Quiet Time with God (1 month to go)
Quiet Time with God (2 months to go)
More events for St Michael's Church »
More events across the villages »
Book Exchange Flordon
Posted: Mon, 23 Sep, 2019 (4 months ago) by Adrian
It has been some years since the Parish Council kindly bought the phone box for £1, I would say that was a pound well spent. There is always plenty of books to choose from and the stock is changing regularly. Alasdair and I have given the book exchange a coat of paint and tidied the area around the box and it is lovely to see the bench back by the book exchange. We were delighted to see a family eating their packed lunch there at the weekend and browsing through a couple of books. Thank you all for your continued support in bringing books for us all to read, its wonderful.
More news & features across the villages »
Click on the link to find a map of the area on Google maps. (Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites).
Click here to open map in new window »