A Friendly and Welcoming Fellowship in the Heart of the Community
Flordon has a great sense of community spirit with events throughout the year to bring everyone together.
We have a small regular congregation, who work hard to make all visitors feel welcome. Those who come to our church usually comment on the warm and friendly atmosphere. In 2013 the nave was adapted for use as a Community Centre. The pews were removed and toilet and kitchen facilities were added.
We have three services each month:
- There is no service on the first Sunday of the month - but we encourage people to go to one of the other services in the benefice:
- 8am communion service at Mulbarton
- 9am Morning Prayer service at Bracon Ash
- 10am Cafe Church at Mulbarton Village Hall
- On the second Sunday, we have what we call "Morning Light" - a lovely simple modern language service, with hymns, and refreshments following
- On the third Sunday, we have Evensong, a traditional service using the Book of Common Prayer. This takes place at 6:30pm from April to October and at 3:30pm from November to March.
- On the fourth Sunday in the month we have a spoken service of Holy Communion, using the Book of Common Prayer. This is at 8:30am.
We are especially pleased to see the fabulous building being used for so many innovative community activities, and are very pleased to be able to serve Flordon village by offering such a well-equipped and attractive facility, including plenteous parking, toilet, kitchen serving area and disabled access.