There are 5 places where foodbank donations can be left
Norwich Foodbank is still in operation. Whilst stocks are currently adequate, more donations are required to keep up with demand.
There are 4 places in the benefice where Foodbank goods can be donated:
- Mulbarton Church Porch - anything donated here is available for free to anyone in need in the community to help themselves, but it is emptied every Monday when, whatever is there, is taken to Norwich Foodbank.
- Mulbarton: 44 Bromedale Avenue (rainbow banner flags at door, shortly after Co-op) - free to donate, free to take, community pantry. Essential food and household goods.
- Mulbarton Co-op - food donated here goes to support local causes in Norfolk.
- Bracon Ash & Hethel Village Hall Porch - items left here will be collected daily, then taken to Norwich Foodbank weekly.
[ The Bracon Ash and Hethel collection will now extend beyond 19 April ]
For information about giving financially, please scroll to bottom of this message
Items in red most urgent:
* Long life milk
* Long life fruit juice
* Sponge Pudding (tinned / long life)
* Tomatoes (Tinned)
* Tinned Veg - especially carrots, sweetcorn and green beans
* Tea Bags (40s and 80s)
* Instant mash potato
* Tinned Meat e.g. ham, chicken in sauce, corned beef
* Tinned Fruit
* Nappies - especially size 5 + 6
* Soap powder / washing gel (small quantities)
* Powdered milk
* Pasta Sauces - especially tomato-based (i.e. not curry sauces)
* Tinned custard
* Tinned potatoes
* Rice Pudding (Tinned)
* Instant coffee
* Cereal / snack bars
* Tinned Fish
* Biscuits (sweet)
* Packets of instant mash
* Jam / Marmalade (not homemade)
* Peanut butter
* Sweets / bars of chocolate
* Petfood (dog and cat)
* Washing up liquid and sponges
Toiletries, including deodorants, shower gel, shampoo, toilet rolls, shaving gel / foam and razors etc.
(Currently well stocked with baked beans, cereal, soup, teabags, pasta and feminine hygiene products.)
Financial donations are also accepted as there is a cost involved in running the charity and including buying stock that's needed. For information about the Foodbank and about setting up a standing order, gift aid or making an online payment please go to:
An update from the Bracon Ash collection point, from Friday 17 April, Liz writes: "I delivered three full crates and two large carrier bags of food donations to the Foodbank yesterday - incredible. As discussed, we have put out a crate by the entrance to the village hall which I think has helped as we are having so many 'walkers' going by. Please share the news."