St Mary Magdalen
A welcoming parish church at the heart of the community
- To have a deep hunger for the Lord, a passion to walk daily in fellowship with and love of God, to know his constant forgiveness and healing, his power, his holiness and so much more of God's character and then to respond to him with whole-hearted worship, service and obedience.
- To serve our fellow church members in practical ways and to encourage them in their Christian walk.
- To be a secure place for people to rest in God's love, to grow in Christian maturity and in the gifts and fruit of the Spirit.
- To reach into the community with the Gospel of Christ and in acts of service with the hope that they will be drawn into a living relationship with the risen Jesus, for his is the only name by which our neighbours, colleagues and friends may find peace with God.
- To be a place for renewal and revival in this parish and the locality.
- To be fully obedient disciples of Christ.
- To hold fully to the authority of the Bible and to embrace the presence and work of the Holy Spirit. We seek to be a church motivated by both the Word of God and the prompting of God's Spirit.
- To take seriously our citizenship of this world (Romans chapter 13), and encourage fair trade and justice as encouraged by the Old Testament prophets (e.g. Micah 6 v.8).
- ...The leading and anointing of the Holy Spirit in all we undertake for him. To this end we long to become a prophetic church which is ever listening to the voice of God through Scripture, prayer and worship.
Charity Number: 1156897
7 days to go
Coming Up Next...
Thu, 30 May, 2019, 10am @ Mulbarton Primary School
On Thursday 30 May, during half term, Messy Church meets again at Mulbarton Primary School from 10 am to 12 noon. We will be exploring another Bible story with all sorts of creative crafts and activities and gathering it all together when we tell the story, sing a song, say a prayer and then eat a simple buffet lunch together (all provided)! Refreshments available throughout the morning. Soft toy area for young children - a great place to meet people. Donations of £1 per person (adults and children) go towards our resources. Come and enjoy! Contact: Cyndy Bowles (578510) or Cathy Nicholls (570557) firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Cathy for more details -
Coming Up Soon...
A Midsummer Night's Concert - Mulbarton Community Choir (4 weeks to go)
More events for St Mary Magdalen »
More events across the villages »
Messy Church - Easter 2019
Posted: Sun, 5 May, 2019 (3 weeks ago) by Adrian
Messy Church met again on Maundy Thursday at Mulbarton Primary School.
We were exploring the theme: Why do bad things happen to people, and how can I help?
We used the Easter Story to do this having another set of very creative crafts: donkey making; a collage of the tomb and crosses; sowing a seed and making a palm (handshape/leaf) to put in the pot until the seed germinates. We also had a sensory table with opportunities for children to talk about things that worried or concerned them and Carl Bradley from CB Drama did some work with the children acting out different emotions.
A group of children and some adults then prepared to act out the story with costumes as two readers narrated the story, which Adrian then talked about in relation to the theme, before a song, prayer and lunch together. It was as always the creativity and hard work of a big team of people, so thank you to all those who took part.
We were able to welcome some new faces as well as welcome back those who have been with us from the beginning.
More Recent News & Features
Lent Course 2019: The Prophetic Voice of India (2 months ago)
Puzzling Questions (4 months ago)
More news & features for St Mary Magdalen »
More news & features across the villages »
The Church is situated close the B1113, next to the ancient duck pond at the north east end of the Common.
Click on the link to find a map of the area on Google maps. (Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites).
Click here to open map in new window »