St Mary Magdalen
A welcoming parish church at the heart of the community
- To have a deep hunger for the Lord, a passion to walk daily in fellowship with and love of God, to know his constant forgiveness and healing, his power, his holiness and so much more of God's character and then to respond to him with whole-hearted worship, service and obedience.
- To serve our fellow church members in practical ways and to encourage them in their Christian walk.
- To be a secure place for people to rest in God's love, to grow in Christian maturity and in the gifts and fruit of the Spirit.
- To reach into the community with the Gospel of Christ and in acts of service with the hope that they will be drawn into a living relationship with the risen Jesus, for his is the only name by which our neighbours, colleagues and friends may find peace with God.
- To be a place for renewal and revival in this parish and the locality.
- To be fully obedient disciples of Christ.
- To hold fully to the authority of the Bible and to embrace the presence and work of the Holy Spirit. We seek to be a church motivated by both the Word of God and the prompting of God's Spirit.
- To take seriously our citizenship of this world (Romans chapter 13), and encourage fair trade and justice as encouraged by the Old Testament prophets (e.g. Micah 6 v.8).
- ...The leading and anointing of the Holy Spirit in all we undertake for him. To this end we long to become a prophetic church which is ever listening to the voice of God through Scripture, prayer and worship.
Charity Number: 1156897
18 hours to go
Coming Up Next...
Morning Prayer in Advent
Fri, 15 Dec, 2017, 9:15am @ Bracon Ash Church
Do you long to find a space to think? Do you wish you could find a place to pray?
Then why not join us for Morning Prayer during Advent in the beautiful, tranquil and peaceful surroundings of Bracon Ash Church on Friday mornings from 9:15 - 9:45am. During our time together we will be lighting the Advent wreath, seeking God's peace, reading the Bible, and praying for the needs of the world, others and ourselves.
We will also have our prayer tree available, where you can come and write a prayer for a person, situation, or remember a loved one who has died.
Everyone is welcome and you don't need to be an experienced pray-er to join in. You are also welcome to come and sit quietly whilst others pray in the church. Refreshments are also available.
Bracon Ash Church can be found on School Road. Travelling from Mulbarton south on the B1113, turn first right after the roundabout and continue along School Road. The church is situated on the left, opposite Bracon Hall. Click on the link to find a map of the area on Google maps Bracon Ash Church
If you would like to pray Morning, Evening, or Night Prayer using a computer, tablet or mobile, click on the link to the Church of England website which has all the resouces you need to get started Daily Prayer
(Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites)
Contact Andrew for more details - 01508 500343
Coming Up Soon...
Carol Singing (1 day to go)
Carols by Candlelight, with Choir (3 days to go)
Carols by Candlelight, with Choir (3 days to go)
Morning Prayer in Advent (1 week to go)
More events for St Mary Magdalen »
More events across the villages »
Mulbarton Church North Aisle Roof Complete
Posted: Wed, 13 Dec, 2017 (23 hours ago) by Adrian
Work has been completed on Mulbarton Church's north aisle roof, including a complete re-tiling, replacement of rotten timbers, new lead flashing, repairs to parapet, and a complete overhaul of the rainwater disposal goods. We also repaired the external mortar than had been damaged behind the east drainpipe.
A handful of related works have been identified, resulting from damage caused by water ingress and other roof-related works. These are yet to receive attention, and we hope that we will be able to work on these early in 2018.
The local worshiping community had been faithfully saving towards this project for about six years, ever since the urgency of the roof work had been identified.
Thanks to a grant from the "Listed Places of Worship - Roof Repair Fund", which basically matched our spending, and thus doubled the worth of what we had been able to spend, we have been able to complete this year, despite severe financial challenges. We remain grateful to this government scheme to maintain our ancient heritage, and to the generosity of local people.
More Recent News & Features
Christmas for Children (3 weeks ago)
We will remember them (1 month ago)
More news & features for St Mary Magdalen »
More news & features across the villages »
The Church is situated close the B1113, next to the ancient duck pond at the north east end of the Common.
Click on the link to find a map of the area on Google maps. (Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites).
Click here to open map in new window »