Recently renovated and well equipped - beautiful space to hire, overlooking Mulbarton Common
Harvest House has many possible uses. The house can be hired as a complete facility or rooms can be hired individually. (In the event of more than one booking in the house, the ground floor hirer would have use of the front garden and first option on the kitchen.)
It has been used for church prayer meetings, Counselling sessions, Alpha weekends, Tearcraft Sales, training days, Bible Study, Music and Drama group rehearsals, Sunday School away days, Fellowship group activities, Bring and Share meals, a country day out for city churches - and is the main locations for Mulbarton Church's children's and young people's groups on Sunday mornings.
- A large meeting room (9.1m x 3.3m) with direct access to the front garden.
- Kitchen with "range" cooker, fridge-freezer, microwave, water heater, crockery and cutlery.
- A cloakroom-WC with disabled facilities.
- "Common View" (3.4m x 3.9m).
- "Barn View" (3.5m x 3.8m). This hold the storage of toys and materials for babies and toddlers, so is best suited as a cr?che.
- A "Prayer Room" (3.5m x 3.0m). This is set out a comfortable place to pray, with many helpful items and pictures to help.
- A cloakroom-WC with shower.
- There is also a small church office which is not for hire.
- A private, gravelled car park, holding around 15 cars. (Further parking is available at the church and near-by village hall.)
- The front garden is an enclosed, child-friendly area, with direct access into the main meeting room.
- The back garden is a large, open grassed area, spreading out to both sides. There is also a small climbing-frame with a slide.
- There is also a "Party Tent" (5m v 3m) that may be available. This can be placed anywhere in the garden, but is often sited against the doorway into the main room to give an extra "outdoor room".
There are various items of equipment that can be moved around as required:
- Chairs - both "indoor" and outdoor "picnic" varieties.
- Tables - mainly melanine, folding-leg varieties.
- Catering facilities - mugs, plates, cutlery, pans, dishes, etc.
- Children's and baby's toys.
- Some outdoor games - footballs, badminton, hoola-hoops, etc.
- Televisions are located in most rooms (but no TV licence!), with video recorders or DVD players.
COST OF HIRE:
Hire cost is from £5.50 - full details or rents can be found by contacting the booking secretary, Caroline Dunlop on 01508 579111, Mon-Thu 10am-1pm, or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum hire 2 hours.
Deposit required of £25, repayable after post-booking inspection.
2 weeks to go
Coming Up Next...
Film Screening: Journey's End
Fri, 2 Nov, 2018, 7:30pm @ Flordon Church
Film Screening: 'Journey's End'
As part of our commemorations of the 100th anniversary of the end of World War One, we will be holding a special FREE screening of the 2018 film 'Journey's End'. The film will be shown at Flordon Church on Friday 2nd November at 7:30pm, with doors open from 7:00pm.
The film, based on the novel by R C Sherriff, is set in a dugout in Aisne in 1918, and tells the story of a group of British officers, led by the mentally disintegrating young officer Stanhope, as they await their fate. The film is a 12A, it is not a violent war film, but an examination of the psychological damage of war described by The Times as “The First World War film to end them all”.
Whilst the screening is free of charge, refreshments will be served for a donation which will be split 50/50 between the charity 'Combat Stress' and Flordon Church.
A trailer for Journey's End can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLpyaLNfudY
More information on Combat Stress can be found here: https://www.combatstress.org.uk/
(Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites).
Contact Andrew for more details - 01508 500343
Coming Up Soon...
#RealMenSing (4 months to go)
More events for Harvest House »
More events across the villages »
Mulbarton Community Choir - Lyric Writing Competition
Posted: Mon, 23 Jul, 2018 (3 months ago) by Andrew
Mulbarton Community Choir are holding a 'Lyric Writing Competition' to commemorate 100 years since the end of World War One.
The choir are looking for a school student to write new words to the chorus of ‘Song of Liberty’, a poem set to Elgar’s Pomp and Circumstance March No.4.There will be two categories: primary school age and secondary school age. One winner from each category will be chosen. Both winners will hear their lyrics read out during Mulbarton Community Choir’s Remembrance concert on Saturday 10 November in St Remigius’ Church, Hethersett. There will be one overall winner, whose entry will be performed by the choir at the Remembrance concert. The overall winning entry will be announced on the night of the concert. The winner of each category will win £25 for themselves and two complimentary tickets to Mulbarton Community Choir’s Remembrance concert with Norfolk Wherry Brass. They will also win a WW1-themed book for their school’s library, to be presented to the school by representatives of the choir. The overall winner will win an additional £25 for themselves. It has been possible to run this competition due to the award of a grant from South Norfolk Council.
The closing date for entries is 5pm, Friday 19th October. Entries should be sent to Lin Goram, either by email at email@example.com, or by post to 31 Catmere Herne, Mulbarton, Norfolk, NR14 8NU.
Competition Entry Form: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/res/Flyers/MCC_Lyrics_Competition_-_Entry_Form.pdf
Competition Details and Rules: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/res/Flyers/MCC_Lyrics_Competition_-_Details_and_Rules.pdf
Song of Liberty Information: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/res/Flyers/MCC_Lyrics_Competition_-_Song_of_Liberty_Information.pdf
Song of Liberty Recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_60nIVUG1U (Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites)
Resources for Teachers:
If you are a teacher and would like to encourage your students to participate in this competition; why not make use of our lesson plans and PowerPoint resources.
Seconday Lesson Plan: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/res/Flyers/MCC_Lyrics_Competition_-_SECONDARY_Lesson_Plan.pdf
Primary Lesson Plan: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/res/Flyers/MCC_Lyrics_Competition_-_PRIMARY_Lesson_Plan.pdf
PowerPoint resources for both lessons can be found here: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/resources#Flyers
More news & features across the villages »
Click on the link to find a map of the area on Google maps. (Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites).
Click here to open map in new window »