Recently renovated and well equipped - beautiful space to hire, overlooking Mulbarton Common
Harvest House has many possible uses. The house can be hired as a complete facility or rooms can be hired individually. (In the event of more than one booking in the house, the ground floor hirer would have use of the front garden and first option on the kitchen.)
It has been used for church prayer meetings, Counselling sessions, Alpha weekends, Tearcraft Sales, training days, Bible Study, Music and Drama group rehearsals, Sunday School away days, Fellowship group activities, Bring and Share meals, a country day out for city churches - and is the main locations for Mulbarton Church's children's and young people's groups on Sunday mornings.
- A large meeting room (9.1m x 3.3m) with direct access to the front garden.
- Kitchen with "range" cooker, fridge-freezer, microwave, water heater, crockery and cutlery.
- A cloakroom-WC with disabled facilities.
- "Common View" (3.4m x 3.9m).
- "Barn View" (3.5m x 3.8m). This hold the storage of toys and materials for babies and toddlers, so is best suited as a cr?che.
- A "Prayer Room" (3.5m x 3.0m). This is set out a comfortable place to pray, with many helpful items and pictures to help.
- A cloakroom-WC with shower.
- There is also a small church office which is not for hire.
- A private, gravelled car park, holding around 15 cars. (Further parking is available at the church and near-by village hall.)
- The front garden is an enclosed, child-friendly area, with direct access into the main meeting room.
- The back garden is a large, open grassed area, spreading out to both sides. There is also a small climbing-frame with a slide.
- There is also a "Party Tent" (5m v 3m) that may be available. This can be placed anywhere in the garden, but is often sited against the doorway into the main room to give an extra "outdoor room".
There are various items of equipment that can be moved around as required:
- Chairs - both "indoor" and outdoor "picnic" varieties.
- Tables - mainly melanine, folding-leg varieties.
- Catering facilities - mugs, plates, cutlery, pans, dishes, etc.
- Children's and baby's toys.
- Some outdoor games - footballs, badminton, hoola-hoops, etc.
- Televisions are located in most rooms (but no TV licence!), with video recorders or DVD players.
COST OF HIRE:
Hire cost is from £5.50 - full details or rents can be found by contacting the booking secretary, Caroline Dunlop on 01508 579111, Mon-Thu 10am-1pm, or by email on email@example.com
Minimum hire 2 hours.
Deposit required of £25, repayable after post-booking inspection.
4 weeks to go
Coming Up Next...
Meet the bats at Hethel Church
Sat, 21 Jul, 2018, 8pm @ Hethel Church
Meet the bats – a talk, a walk and a listen around Hethel Church
For a number of years, Hethel Conservation Churchyard has hosted an annual bat survey. In recent years 11 species have been heard.
Bat Conservation Trust volunteer – and local expert – Jane Harris will give an illustrated talk and will bring some bats in her care to show while refreshments are served. At dusk (around 9pm), equipped with bat detectors, she and her team will lead groups on a short walk around the church and into nearby woodland to listen for what's about.
Book online here - strictly 50 places maximum, so book soon to avoid disappointment.
Contact Peter for more details - 01508 570557
More events across the villages »
Mulbarton Community Choir - Lyric Writing Competition
Posted: Wed, 30 May, 2018 (3 weeks ago) by Andrew
Mulbarton Community Choir are holding a 'Lyric Writing Competition' to commemorate 100 years since the end of World War One.
The choir are looking for a school student to write new words to the chorus of ‘Song of Liberty’, a poem set to Elgar’s Pomp and Circumstance March No.4.There will be two categories: primary school age and secondary school age. One winner from each category will be chosen. Both winners will hear their lyrics read out during Mulbarton Community Choir’s Remembrance concert on Saturday 10 November in St Remigius’ Church, Hethersett. There will be one overall winner, whose entry will be performed by the choir at the Remembrance concert. The overall winning entry will be announced on the night of the concert. The winner of each category will win £25 for themselves and two complimentary tickets to Mulbarton Community Choir’s Remembrance concert with Norfolk Wherry Brass. They will also win a WW1-themed book for their school’s library, to be presented to the school by representatives of the choir. The overall winner will win an additional £25 for themselves. It has been possible to run this competition due to the award of a grant from South Norfolk Council.
The closing date for entries is 5pm, Friday 19th Entries should be sent to Lin Goram, either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to 31 Catmere Herne, Mulbarton, Norfolk, NR14 8NU.
Competition Entry Form: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/res/Flyers/MCC_Lyrics_Competition_-_Entry_Form.pdf
Competition Details and Rules: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/res/Flyers/MCC_Lyrics_Competition_-_Details_and_Rules.pdf
Song of Liberty Information: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/res/Flyers/MCC_Lyrics_Competition_-_Song_of_Liberty_Information.pdf
Song of Liberty Recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_60nIVUG1U (Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites)
Resources for Teachers:
If you are a teacher and would like to encourage your students to participate in this competition; why not make use of our lesson plans and PowerPoint resources.
Seconday Lesson Plan: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/res/Flyers/MCC_Lyrics_Competition_-_SECONDARY_Lesson_Plan.pdf
Primary Lesson Plan: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/res/Flyers/MCC_Lyrics_Competition_-_PRIMARY_Lesson_Plan.pdf
PowerPoint resources for both lessons can be found here: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/resources#Flyers
More Recent News & Features
The super glue of life (3 months ago)
Free Daily Devotionals (5 months ago)
The Magazine (5 months ago)
New Eco-Friendly Heating (5 months ago)
More news & features for Harvest House »
More news & features across the villages »
Click on the link to find a map of the area on Google maps. (Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites).
Click here to open map in new window »